Julie Boyd loves people, and she loves to talk…especially about Jesus! She has been entertaining and inspiring audiences since the age of 10. She began her formal ministry after receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from William Carey University in 1981 and a Masters in Religious Education from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in 1984.
Combining humor with compelling stories of changed lives, Julie is gifted in communicating the message of hope through Christ. She is an accomplished ventriloquist! Julie’s talent and humor through ventriloquism often features “BC Homes” or “Miss Mildred,” a favorite at women’s ministry events! Whether you choose to use her ministry through ventriloquism or her unique gift as a compelling communicator, Julie will provide your audience with a challenging and memorable experience.
Julie developed her call to ministry out of a love for people and a desire to be used to encourage others in their faith journey. In 1996 Julie joined the staff of Florida Baptist Children’s Homes. This tender ministry captured her heart! Her current position is Vice-President for Church Relations. Her love for the Lord and His children compels her to be a voice for those who have no voice – abused, abandoned and neglected children. In 2012 she was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to serve on the Florida Faith-based and Community-based Advisory Council.
Julie and her husband, Poker Boyd have been married over 30 years. Poker is a full-time youth ministry consultant and President/Founder of Student Ministry Essentials. They have two grown sons. Jarred lives in Gadsden, Alabama where he is serves as a youth pastor. Jay and his wife Lauren live in Sycamore, Illinois with Poker and Julie’s only grandson, Brayden, age 1. Jay serves with Illinois Baptist Children’s Homes.
Julie and Poker enjoy serving on mission trips and being empty nesters! They are members of The Church at the Mall in Lakeland, Florida.
Julie speaks regularly on a variety of topics, and she also enjoys preparing for custom theme engagements.
- Laughter in Living – Through humor and personal stories, Julie shares the joy of living a life surrendered to Christ. Based on Philippians chapter one, this biblical message is one of encouragement and hope.
- God Only… – Ever want to simplify your life? This message, based on Psalms 62 focuses on waiting and longing for God Only! Julie shares her personal struggles with contentment and complete surrender to God.
- Treasures Stored – Making the choice to be generous is not easy – this presentation focuses on moving from a state of selfishness and self preservation to selflessness…learning how to lay down earthly treasures and let God give you the treasure of Himself!
- Spiritual Gifts – Multi sessions focusing on spiritual gifts: The Gift Given (God as the gift-giver), The Gift we possess (Our personal spiritual gifts), The Gift in action (Using our gifts)
- Mary Me – Multi sessions focusing on our love relationship with the Father while studying the three Mary’s in the gospels. Session 1: The Extravagant Proposal – Mary, the Mother of Jesus, Session 2: The Enchanted Engagement – Mary of Bethany, Session 3: The Enthusiastic Bouquet Toss – Mary Magdalene
- Marriage built on “the Rock!” – Julie and Poker were best friends who fell in love before he popped the question and gave her the “rock” in 1982. Over the years they have discovered a few stepping stones on the pathway to a growing friendship and maturing love. Multiple sessions filled with humor, practical tips and biblical truths that help women discover the love God designed each of us to experience. Session 1: Appreciating the differences in men and women, Session 2: The art of communication, Session 3: More than “Pillow TALK!”, Session 4: The give and take in a marriage, Session 5: Finding Relational fulfillment
Julie enjoys preparing messages and program content that best meet the needs of the audience. Please feel free to share specific themes or requests, and she will work with you to develop your desired program.
If you’re interested in booking Julie for a speaking opportunity, please click the link below to fill out a scheduling form. Or if you have a general question or would like to receive more information about Julie call (863)797-6318. For more information about any of our speakers, visit our contact page.